The New MacBook Pro 2023 models with macOS Ventura has just been released. They most significant thing to talk about is the M2 Pro/Max chips that power the laptops. These new laptops feature three Thunderbolt 4 ports. As well as an HDMI port, an SD card slot, a headphone jack. The charging is handled by the MagSafe 3 charging port. All these features make these new MacBooks an the most powerful and surprisingly most accessible in the series. However, the MagSafe port is not the only port which can be used to charge the laptops. Users can now use USB type C as an Apple laptop charger. The laptop can be charged through any of the thunderbolt 4 ports.
Best USB – C Apple Laptop Chargers
The USB – C and Thunderbolt ports look identical. However, the main difference is the thunderbolt possesses charging capabilities. This convenience of USB – C makes it easy to get any cable from a third party store. Making the device somewhat modular. However, just any cable won’t cut it and some may even damage you device. Here is the best cables we recommend.
- Apple 96W USB-C power adapter – The Official Apple Power Brick
- Anker 715 Charger – Lower speeds but smaller size
- IFEART 96W Charger – 96W high speed charging and cable extender
- Anker PowerPort III 100W charger – Supports to devices at the same time
- Apple USB-C to Magsafe 3 cable – Included with the Macbook 2023
- Anker Thunderbolt 4 Cable – Supports thunderbolt 4 and comes in sturdy build quality
- Apple USB-C Charge Cable – Supports 96W power
- Amazon Basics USB-C to USB-C – The cheaper budget option
All of the cables and bricks above offer great charging performance. Even if not official, they act as solid apple laptop charger.