NewJeans is a South Korean girl group that debuted in July 2022. In just a few months, they have achieved a number of impressive milestones, including topping the US charts, breaking records on Spotify, and becoming the first K-pop group to have two songs on the Billboard HOT100 simultaneously. Read More – Jeju Air Wrap BTS Themed Aircraft for International Flights
Here are some of the accomplishments that NewJeans have achieved so far:
- Their debut song, “Attention,” topped the US iTunes chart and reached number 183 on the US Spotify chart.
- They achieved the highest record on Spotify’s “Accumulated Plays,” “Accumulated Listeners,” and “Accumulative Followers” in 2022.
- Their song “Ditto” remained at number 1 on Melon’s chart for 99 days, the longest-running number 1 song in the chart’s 20-year history.
- They were listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for the shortest period of time to hit 1 billion streams on Spotify.
- They were the first 4th generation K-pop group to enter the Billboard HOT100 chart, and they have since made three consecutive appearances on the chart.
- Their song “Hype Boy” remained in the weekly chart TOP10 for 49 weeks, the longest-running song in Melon history to do so.
- They were the first K-pop girl group to have two songs in the top 3 of Melon’s chart at the same time.
- Their song “Super Shy” reached their career high on Billboard.
- They have collaborated with a number of major brands and have been selected as ambassadors for several of them.
NewJeans are a force to be reckoned with in the K-pop industry. They have achieved a number of impressive milestones in just a few months, and they show no signs of slowing down. It will be interesting to see what they accomplish in the years to come.